All information housed within the Neonatal Information System™ and the NIS™ High-Risk Infant Follow-up application can be exported and integrated with large scale data repositories.
The Neonatal Information System™ and the NIS™ High-Risk Infant Follow-up is a secure, HIPAA approved way to access your NICU and Neonatal Follow-up Program information from your hospital’s certified electronic medical record!
Through HL7 messaging, information can flow from your EMR into the NIS™ such as:
- Admission, Discharge and Transfer
- Apnea Monitors
- Daily Nutritional Support
- Growth Parameters
- Lab Results
- Labor and Delivery
- Maternal History
- Neonatal Follow-up Visits
- Perinatal History
- Physical Exams
- Respiratory support
- Transport – Inbound and Outbound
- Vital Signs
You can also upload patient reports to your hospital's EMR or EHR where they become a part of the patient's legal medical record. Alternatively, patient reports can be printed, signed and added to a paper chart!
MDS led the way in building EMR HL7 interfaces since 1993!
And, we have specific experience in working with the following EMRs.
All information housed within the Neonatal Information System™ and the NIS™ High-Risk Infant Follow-up application can be integrated with other database applications and repositories.
The following are examples of existing integrations which bring data from the NIS™ into applications for advanced follow-up, data collaboration, quality indexing, assurance and safety research as well as real-time decision support.
- New York State Department of Health State Wide Perinatal Data System - Designed in Cooperation with Cohen Children’s Hospital of the Long Island Jewish Medical Center
- Vermont Oxford Network eNICQ application
- Regional Multi-Hospital data Repositories
- Queries and analysis and comparison reports
- Microsoft Access, Excel, SPSS and any number of computerized statistical packages
- State and National Respositories
Custom data integration designs are available upon request!